These are by far the most fabulous thing to have in the freezer. With these on hand you can have freshly baked biscuits in 15 minutes from opening the freezer to transferring them onto a wire rack to cool. Sounds tempting hey? Read on!
I imagine freezing biscuit dough in this way would work with most basic biscuit recipes, however this is my recipe, it works perfectly every time and taste great!
125g softened butter
1/3 cup sugar
1/3 cup brown sugar
1/2 tsp vanilla paste
1 and a half cups SR flour (white, wholemeal or a combination)
2 x 1/4 cup of flavours to mix through (choc chips, sultanas, chopped nuts, cocoa, sprinkles, rice bubbles, jelly crystals, anything you like really)
- Cream the butter and sugars.
- Add egg and vanilla and mix until light and fluffy.
- Add flour and mix until combined.
- Bring the dough together and divide in half.
- Mix in any flavours.
- Roll each portion into a log and wrap in glad wrap or baking paper. Seal in a ziplock bag and freeze.
When you are ready to cook
- Preheat oven to 180*c.
- Unwrap roll of dough and while still frozen cut into 1cm slices.
- Place on a tray allowing room for spreading and bake for 12 minutes or until golden brown (put them in the oven frozen, you DO NOT need to wait for them to defrost)
- Cool on a wire rack.
- Yum! How easy was that 🙂